Today we are reviewing Java and Rust repositories on GitHub with the highest number of starts acquired in July month. All information below was collected from GitHub trending page.
|Total stars: 1070||Last month stars: 300||Growth: 28%|
About the project: A new shaders mod for Minecraft intended to be compatible with existing ShadersMod/Optifine shaders.
|Total stars: 3357||Last month stars: 820||Growth: 24%|
About the project: A community-driven, open source fork of Elasticsearch and Kibana following the licence change in early 2021. We’re looking to sustain (and evolve!) a search and analytics suite for the multitude of businesses who are dependent on the rights granted by the original, Apache v2.0 License.
|Total stars: 1275||Last month stars: 274||Growth: 21%|
About the project: A communitPojavLauncher is a Minecraft: Java Edition launcher for Android and iOS based on Boardwalk. This launcher can launch almost all available Minecraft versions (from rd-132211 to 21w08b (1.17) snapshot, including Combat Test versions).
Sodium (for Fabric)
|Total stars: 2271||Last month stars: 443||Growth: 20%|
About the project: Sodium is a free and open-source optimization mod for the Minecraft client that improves frame rates, reduces micro-stutter, and fixes graphical issues in Minecraft.
|Total stars: 627||Last month stars: 109||Growth: 17%|
About the project: Fabric mod for completely rewriting the Vanilla light engine.
|Total stars: 5032||Last month stars: 692||Growth: 14%|
About the project: Lightweight static analysis for many languages (17+ languages). Find bug variants with patterns that look like source code.
|Total stars: 2413||Last month stars: 276||Growth: 11%|
About the project: Shopizer is Java open source e-commerce software.
|Total stars: 195||Last month stars: 84||Growth: 43%|
About the project: A working demo of RustDesk server implementation.
|Total stars: 973||Last month stars: 255||Growth: 26%|
About the project: A Modern Real-Time Data Processing & Analytics DBMS with Cloud-Native Architecture, built to make the Data Cloud easy.
|Total stars: 2276||Last month stars: 203||Growth: 9%|
About the project: Safe and portable GPU abstraction in Rust, implementing WebGPU API.
|Total stars: 5452||Last month stars: 440||Growth: 8%|
About the project: Substrate is a next-generation framework for blockchain innovation.
|Total stars: 19040||Last month stars: 1341||Growth: 7%|
About the project: Tauri is a framework for building tiny, blazing fast binaries for all major desktop platforms. Developers can integrate any front-end framework that compiles to HTML, JS and CSS for building their user interface. The backend of the application is a rust-sourced binary with an API that the front-end can interact with.
|Total stars: 2072||Last month stars: 139||Growth: 7%|
About the project: A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in Rust.
|Total stars: 1156||Last month stars: 66||Growth: 6%|
About the project: Graph Node is an open source Rust implementation that event sources the Ethereum blockchain to deterministically update a data store that can be queried via the GraphQL endpoint.
- July the same as June was a Minecraft month in Java, there are multiple repositories related to Minecraft included in the report.
- RustDesk still leading in Rust repositories by month growth and in the current month, this is a different repo with RustDesk demo server. I think the repository will continue gaining starts and we will see it in the August report as well.
- Rust is extremely popular for blockchain development and if we previously sow in reports Solana-related repositories in the current report there is one more player – Substrate. If you are interested in blockchain technology it is worth checking.
- I found the WGPU project very promising for the future which is actually implementing WebGPU API in Rust. Who is not familiar with WebGPU standard this is a standard to expose the capabilities of GPU hardware to the Web, which is promising for developing web and mobile multimedia applications and games.
- One more project I would explicitly mention is TAURI, allowing faster and secure development of cross-platform native applications for web, desktop, and mobile.